From: Venky Gangu [mailto:v_gangu@enplasusa.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 5:57 PM
To: ajug-members@www.ajug.org
Subject: Ajug: weblogic-cloudscape

Hello guys,
Need some help. Please respond at your convenience.

I was needing help in completing a project at School. I have done some reading on the weblogic material and have written up my code for the project (simple on-line bookstore application). I tried to load Oracle 8i on my computer but am getting some TNS errors. I decided to use 'cloudscape' database instead as it comes pre-built with weblogic5.1.0 (cloudscape ver 3.5).

Anyway, I have changed the weblogic.properties file as instructed in the documentation as below:

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
# WEBLOGIC DEMO CONNECTION POOL PROPERTIES
# -------------------------------------------------
# CLUSTER USERS: Note that ALL JDBC connection pools should be set up # in the *per-cluster* properties file ONLY. # # This connection pool uses the sample Cloudscape database shipped # with WebLogic. Used by the EJBean, JHTML, JSP and JMS examples. # Uncomment to use: weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.demoPool=\

       url=jdbc:cloudscape:demo,\
       driver=COM.cloudscape.core.JDBCDriver,\
       initialCapacity=1,\
       maxCapacity=2,\
       capacityIncrement=1,\
       props=user=none;password=none;server=none
#
# Add a TXDataSource for the connection pool: weblogic.jdbc.TXDataSource.weblogic.jdbc.jts.demoPool=demoPool
#
# Add an ACL for the connection pool: weblogic.allow.reserve.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.demoPool=everyone

After this I opened cloudscape ij> utility using the following command C:\weblogic\eval\cloudscape\data> java -classpath %CLASSPATH%;..\lib\tools.jar COM.cloudscape.tools.ij

Then I get

Then I enter
Ij> CONNECT 'jdbc:cloudscape:demo;create=true';
I get the following error
Error 08001: No Suitable Driver

I am not sure how I can create a driver for cloudscape. Can anyone please advice how to create a driver? Once I can get the driver I believe I can then create my tables and do the other stuff.  Do you need to call in this driver from a regular Java program using connection string or can I just give the above Connect statement. Because if I try the same thing with weblogic 6.0 (with built in cloudscape) it works fine, but since weblogic5.1.0 is what's available on school computer, I wanted to do with it.

Thank you all very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Gangu