RE: Java certification: is it worthwhile?

Ed,
We provide Java consulting services and most customers want to see a
resume on the consultant I offer.  Our experience is that a lot of
people have sun cert on the resume.  when it comes down to it,
experience in years weighs heavier than certs.  Having said that, we
deal with WebSphere clients mostly and we push our guys to get certified
in Java, WebSphere and VisualAge.  That usually helps us get a better
hourly rate from the customer than just experience.

It can't hurt and if you are up against another candidate without a
certification it just might be what gets you that job.

Good Luck,

Tony McCune
CrossLogic Inc.
770-962-1915
www.crosslogic.com
Looking for an enterprise portal that will run on any server?  check out
http://xportaldemo.eitasoft.net