Oracle XDK install on VisualAge

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded IBM VisualAge for Java from 3.2.3 to 4.0. I had XSU working yesterday before the upgrade-- creating XML docs. I reinstalled the XSU and parser classes-- ran the env.bat and xdkload successfully. Now, when running the same tested code-- when getting to the instantiation of the OracleXMLQuery statement, a la:
OracleXMLQuery qry1 = new OracleXMLQuery(conn,
	    "select * from " + name);
I get the dreaded uncaught exception java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError which I can't trace w/debugger since I'm using Oracle class files. The Error is a child of a LinkageError... has anyone seen or heard what can cause this?
Thanx for your thoughts on this!

Tory Miller