Re: [OT]Re: help with my String

Dean,

Are you trying to display a thumb nail to a screen through an applet or are you
trying to generate a resized gif or jpeg file on the disk?

A simple approach is to just set the size you want in the "drawImage" method of
the Graphics object.  You can get more sophisticated and use the
"getScaleInstance()" of the AffineTransform class inconjunction with Java2D.
The August 21 edition of the JDC tip which is available on the Sun site gave
some instructions for writing dynamic images to files.

Cindy