From: Cynthia Jeness [mailto:cj@goldencode.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 6:33 AM
To: Patel, Bhabesh
Cc: 'ajug-members@ajug.org'
Subject: Re: Java Swing Vs Visual Basic Application !!

Patel,

We develop Swing based client applications for deployment across a range of
clients. In August, our latest application will be installed on 70,000
client
computers.  Our "average" client computer has 64 Mb RAM with a 266 Mz CPU.
personally would recommend at least 128 Mb of RAM, but clients are not
always
willing to upgrade their hardware to suit your software of choice.  With
JDK 1.3 or later, Swing has matured to the extent that I think it is very
useable on the client-side both in terms of quality and speed.  I would not
recommend any version earlier than JDK 1.3.

I do not have any comparison with VisualBasic.

Cynthia Jeness