RE: [AJUG] Threads?

If you want the thread to run again after stopping it you'll have to setup
the
classes a bit differently.  Instead of extending the Thread class make it
implement
the Runnable interface.  Then in that class place a private Thread member
variable.
When you call your helper function, create a new Thread object passing in
the 'this'
pointer and then call the start() method.  E.g.:

public class MyRestartableThread extends Runnable
{
    private Thread thread = null;

    public void startHerUp()
    {