Tonight 12/16 J2EE RAD

10 Million Java developers. How do you get there? Tools!
Topic:  Overview of J2EE Rapid Application Development
Tools

Time: 6:30 for networking and open discussions, topic
planning for 2004
Presentation begins at 7:00 pm and will likely run until 9
pm.
Where: Holiday Inn Select off Chamblee Dunwoody and I285
4386 CHAMBLEE-DUNWOODY RD
ATLANTA, GA 30341
Phone: (770) 457-6363

Developing your first and often your subsequent J2EE-based
applications can be frustrating and time-consuming as you
overcome the multiple complex learning curves of
web-based, object-oriented, patterns-based programming,
plus the complexities of Java APIs such as JDBC, EJB, JSP,
JavaServer Faces and important frameworks such as Struts.
Several vendors have recently rose to meet this challenge
by developing new IDEs that are not software engineer
focused but targeted at the enterprise corporate business
application developers. These new IDEs focus on the
programmers who have been using Visual Basic, PowerBuilder
and Delphi for building database-driven client-server and
web applications. Sun Microsystems will show off their new
drag-n-drop visual tools for building JavaServer Faces
applications called Java Studio Creator (aka Project
Rave). We also have BEA to demonstrate their Workshop
product that makes Struts-based application development
incredibly easy. Finally, a local company called ClearNova
will show us a platform that makes overall J2EE-based
portal application development a few points and clicks!

Our Sponsors in 2003:
- BEA (www.bea.com) - The Leading provider of J2EE
application infrastructure technology.
- BravePoint (www.bravepoint.com) - Local provider of J2EE
training and consulting services.
- Compuware (www.compuware.com/products/optimalJ) -
Accelerate J2EE development with patterns-based and
model-driven architecture using OptimalJ
- Inflow (www.inflow.com) - Our host for www.ajug.org
- Spectrum Software (www.spectrumscm.com) - Products for
software configuration management.  Version, build,
release and issue management.

In January 2004, we will have Gavin King from Hibernate
sponsored by JBoss Group!  January 21st - the world's most
popular persistence architecture joins the world's most
popular open source application server.

Finally, we know that December is a heavy shopping month
so do your part for the US economy.  Shop 'til you drop!
Hopefully a few of you can take a break from the local
malls to come out and see some very interesting J2EE
development tools on 12/16.

AJUG President
Burr

sutter@bravepoint.com