Statistics: 90 hit(s)
Lead Systems Engineer
Turner Broadcasting Systems, Inc.
Job Offered By:
Qualifications: - More than 7 years experience integrating systems and data in an enterprise environment
- Proficient in Java development and script programming with multiple scripting languages (Perl, Tk, shell, Python)
- Ability to analyze complex ETL requirements using industry standard tools, solve problems quickly and completely, and design/implement architectures
- Ability to identify tasks that require automation and automate them
- Familiarity with web services client, server, and development
- Experience with UNIX system administration and development experience
- Proficiency in http and smtp communication protocols and behaviors
- Demonstrated ability as a technical team leader/mentor/collaborator
- Strong verbal and communication skills; able to lead technical and non-technical discussions with both technical and non-technical end users. Skilled at documenting complex technical systems and processes. Capable of writing proposals or papers, making presentations to customers, peers, and management.
- Experience with large scale database deployments using Oracle
- Operational knowledge of version control systems (Git/CSV/SVN)
- Familiarity with various dev/project management approaches such as Agile/Scrum/Waterfall
- Degree in computer science or related field is desired
Duties: Leads a team of system engineers in developing and maintaining Turner's Campaign Management Services and Architectures with specific attention to data management, system integration, system to system ETL architecture, design, and deployment in support of high volume bulk email infrastructure.
Develops and maintains operational control and management of systems to support day-to-day operations including documentation, alarms, alerts, and triage. Leads large-scale technical projects, working with Turner staff and vendors to gather requirements, determine solutions, and then implement those solutions.
Provides technical oversight, delegation, mentoring and professional development to 1 - 5 System Engineers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.