Statistics: 203 hit(s)
Java Application Developer
Job Offered By:
1599 Clifton Rd.
Java Application Developer
• Eight years of information technology experience OR a bachelor's degree and six years of information technology experience.
• Positions in this classification may require knowledge of one or more programming languages and/or knowledge of an application and application tools.
• At least 6 years in building complex, dynamic multi-tiered, web-based applications and/or portals.
• Experience in object oriented software engineering (OOAD, OOP), UML a plus, 5 years of hands-on Java/J2EE and PHP Development XML, XSLT, XHTML, CSS, Xforms a plus
• Strong understanding of information security and experience implementing security controls within code to minimize risk
• Team leadership experience a must.
• Hands-on design, architecture and implementation experience with J2EE and related platform technologies (JMS, JMX, Spring, Hibernate)
• Experience parsing and generating XML, CSV delimited text files
• Experience with versioning systems such as Subversion or CVS
• Experience working within a structured systems development life cycle and project management framework
• Experience working with project managers and other engineers during the analysis, design, and execution phases of an engineering project
• Ability to learn and contribute quickly and work independently
Superior User Interface design skills
Experience with Oracle a plus
Experience in healthcare/HL7
Biostatistics and/or research background
Additional Job Details:
The Application Developer/Analyst, Lead role in Emory’s Division of Research and Health Sciences IT will help design and deploy research administration systems. This role will work in a team environment and participate in all aspects of application development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, configuration, testing, maintenance, and support. The role will work as a collaborative member with key stakeholders in both the technology and research administration areas.
The position will be a part of the overall Research and Health Sciences IT division which includes an integrated team of programmers, database administrators, data modelers, business analysts, project managers, and web designers. The Division is a central IT organization that supports researchers across Emory University including areas such as predictive health, public health preparedness and response, brain imaging, glycomics, transplantation and regenerative medicine as well as technology platforms including laboratory information management systems, high performance computing, collaboration, and data acquisition and management.
Qualified candidates please forward resumes to Keisa Allen – firstname.lastname@example.org with App Developer in Subject Line.