June 16, 2009 – Introduction to Sun
‘s Open Enterprise Service Bus (OpenESB)
In this presentation our local talent Aaron Patula will give us an introduction to Sun’s [OpenESB|https://open-esb.dev.java.net/].
The presentation will include:
* How to download and install the ESB, Glassfish app server and NetBeans IDE
* Where to find the Sun ESB tutorial; a nasty gotcha in the tutorial and a workaround
* A list of useful ESB web resources (wiki, mailing list etc…)
* A definition of the concepts and components in Open ESB
* A humorous story which develops the architectural motivation for using ESB
* A brief demo of the development lifecycle for OpenESB using the NetBeans graphical tooling with the goal of showing how (a) OpenESB separates the communications infrastructure from the business code and (b) that it’s not that hard to use (ok it’s not particularly easy either).
Aaron Patula is an Atlanta-based Java developer specializing in Struts, Hibernate and Web Services integration. In line with a periodically discussed topic at AJUG – “How to use programming to travel abroad,” Aaron spent last summer doing computer programming in Amsterdam for a company that does pay-by-phone parking.